Herb-Style Tournament. IFPA approved and an official PAPA CIRCUIT event! Tournament is open to the public with paid admission.
The tournament will feature a main division, as well as a separate classics tournament. Tournament tickets are usable in either the classics or main tournaments.
1. Pricing -
1. $10 for 4 Tickets or $20 for 9 Tickets , 1 ticket is used per game.
2. Tickets must be bought at the front desk, not the tournament area.
3. Tournament ticket sales cut off at 11:45 pm on Saturday for main tournament and 4pm Saturday for the Classics Division.
4. No refunds
2. Ranking -
1. Best 5 out of 7 games will be used for main division qualifying.
2. Best 4 out of 5 games will be used for classics division qualifying.
3. PAPA position/rank scoring (1st 100, 2nd 90, 3rd 85, 84, 83, 82…)
4. Top 24 players qualify for main division playoffs, with the top 8 qualifiers getting a bye through the first round.
5. Top 24 players qualify for classics playoffs, with the top 8 qualifiers getting a bye through the first round.
6. Players can check qualifying status at http://neverdrains.com/
3. Schedule -
1. Qualifying will take place all day Thursday From 5 pm til Midnight, Friday 10 am til Midnight and Saturday 9 am til 5 pm for Classic Division and Midnight Saturday for Main Tournament. Finals will begin Saturday at 6 pm for Classics Division and Main Tournament Finals bgin at 9am sharp Sunday morning ( 9/10/2017)
2. Cut off for starting games in main division is 1145 pm on Saturday.
3. Cut off for starting games in classics is 445 pm on Saturday.
4. Catastrophic malfunction cut off for main division is Friday at 1 pm. If a game must be replaced after this cutoff then scores from the previous game still stand.
4. Queuing -
1. The Cleveland Pinball Show will use a virtual queuing system availble at http://neverdrains.com
2. Players may add themselves to queues through either their own device, or the designated queuing computer in the tournament area.
3. There will be a chair behind each game. If a player is next on a game then he or she should be sitting in the game’s respective chair. When a game opens up the next player will be called, if he or she is not present then the individual is removed from the queue and the next player is called.
5. Ties -
1. Significant ties (either to make it into finals or to receive a bye) will be played off on a randomly selected game, with the winner of that game being the winner of the tie breaker.
2. Ties for other positions in main division will be determined by whichever player has the higher qualifying score on *insert game here*
3. Ties for other positions in classics division will be determined by whichever player has the higher qualifying score on *insert game here*
1. General information -
1. Classics finals will occur at 6:00 pm on Saturday, using a single elimination best of 5 bracket.
2. Main finals will occur at 9:00 am on Sunday, using a single elimination best of 7 bracket.
3. High seed has choice of game OR order in the first game. Following the first game the loser of the previous game receives choice of game or order.
2. Prize Pool -
1. Guaranteed minimum $1500+ in cash prizes for the main tournament
2. Guaranteed minimum $750+ in cash prizes for the classics tournament
All other rules and procedures based on PAPA rules (malfunctions, interference, stuck balls, etc.)
Full rule documentation available here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HqAdwkXh8rUapxuU9QNurEyLuIZD6Yuh_pQSfS10jIw/edit?usp=sharingFor other questions and information please contact either Tommy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jeffrey at email@example.com